Sunday, October 16, 2011

A gift from father to daughter

The day after dusshera,  I received a call from my father. He sounded thoroughly excited. He asked me that am i able to hear music from the back. I listened carefully then i could hear drums,  folk songs,bhajans and Ma durga's aarti. My father told me that 20 km away from Shridham, 15 to 20 idols of Ma durga are collectively immersed in the Narmada river.People welcome them from whichever place they are passed. As my father was telling this, i could visualise all these events. Each idol of Ma Durga was crossing in front of our house with loud Sher-kali dance and folk bhajan. When my father called me, that was the time, the idol of Ma durga was being welcomed in our house, people who came with the idol of Ma Durga were having bhog prasad in our house which were prepared by the halwai of the house.
Many idols of Ma Durga were crossing in front of our house and were heading towards the river Narmada. It seemed as if Ma Durga landed on earth to give a glimpse of herself to her devotees. All devotees were busy in Seva of Ma. It seemed as if I was day-dreaming, the emotions with which my father was describing all these events were automatically trasferred to me. It was a kind if revisiting my childhood days.

From this event, I understood that whether it is for god or a human being, it is only through emotions that one can communicate what feelings are going in a person.     
  

1 comment:

  1. We 're staying at Siliguri,a hub of the Bengal culture.We wait for the entire year for DurgaPuja days and we enjoy 4 days(Saptmi,Asthami,Navmi and Dashmi) in our complex in front of Maa Durga idol,we take part in aarti,recital of bhajans,dhoni dance,folk dances by the children,antrakshi competition.We enjoy bhog prasad,Anand mela on sathmi evening,join in community meals and on Dashmi day go in a processions for Maa immersion in the river."Suvho bijoyar priti o suvechha"

    ReplyDelete